[hackerspaces] events

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
9 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

[hackerspaces] events

webmind
Hi,

We're looking into setting up an event calender for hackerspaces and the
like. Now I'm wondering about categories, what kind of events are people
having in their space?

In TechInc we generally have the following:

Socials, presentations, workshops, parties, meetings, we've also shown
films in the past.

Thanks!

web


_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [hackerspaces] events

Pete Prodoehl

We have an "official" calendar here:

   https://milwaukeemakerspace.org/calendar/

which is controlled by just a few members, and then we also allow any
member to add events to our wiki:

   https://wiki.milwaukeemakerspace.org/2016events

In theory, events on the wiki *could* be added to the official calendar,
and it just takes BOD member (or someone with access) to do so.


Pete


On 11/8/16 12:40 PM, webmind wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're looking into setting up an event calender for hackerspaces and the
> like. Now I'm wondering about categories, what kind of events are people
> having in their space?
>
> In TechInc we generally have the following:
>
> Socials, presentations, workshops, parties, meetings, we've also shown
> films in the past.
>
> Thanks!
>
> web
>
>

_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [hackerspaces] events

Joshua Pritt
In reply to this post by webmind
Take a look at our events list here at Melbourne Makerspace in Florida:

We schedule everything through meetup.com so take a look at our page here to see everything we've scheduled and have coming up.


On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 1:40 PM, webmind <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

We're looking into setting up an event calender for hackerspaces and the
like. Now I'm wondering about categories, what kind of events are people
having in their space?

In TechInc we generally have the following:

Socials, presentations, workshops, parties, meetings, we've also shown
films in the past.

Thanks!

web


_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss



_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [hackerspaces] events

JB Zurn
In reply to this post by webmind
I did something like this a year ago. It is pretty easy to set up for public calendars. Feel free to copy/expand on this. 

I didn't organize events by type, but I did organize by region. The regions are color-coded. 

-Brooks

On Tue, Nov 8, 2016 at 1:40 PM, webmind <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

We're looking into setting up an event calender for hackerspaces and the
like. Now I'm wondering about categories, what kind of events are people
having in their space?

In TechInc we generally have the following:

Socials, presentations, workshops, parties, meetings, we've also shown
films in the past.

Thanks!

web


_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss



_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [hackerspaces] events

webmind
On 11/08/16 21:04, JB Zurn wrote:
> I did something like this a year ago. It is pretty easy to set up for
> public calendars. Feel free to copy/expand on this.
> http://www.makerflorida.org/calendars/ 
>
> I didn't organize events by type, but I did organize by region. The
> regions are color-coded.
>

Thanks, to be clear, I'm less looking for software, more for what type
of events people are having in their space. I know it's hard to not
focus on the technical ;)

w.



_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [hackerspaces] events

Danilo Bargen
In reply to this post by webmind
> what kind of events are people having in their space?

At Coredump: Regular meetings, presentations, workshops, hackathons.

Cheers,
Danilo
_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [hackerspaces] events

Bob Bownes

Regular membership meetings, BoD meetings, meetings of our business innovation providers, meetings of community groups, BoD meetings of our member companies, classes, hackathons, 24/36 hour gaming contests, Stitch and Sip, writers workshops, 3D printing syndicate meetings, kids summer camp, teacher continuing ed, and lots of stuff I've forgotten.

On Nov 8, 2016, at 15:55, Danilo <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> what kind of events are people having in their space?
>
> At Coredump: Regular meetings, presentations, workshops, hackathons.
>
> Cheers,
> Danilo
> _______________________________________________
> Discuss mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [hackerspaces] events

Bernhard Tittelbach
In reply to this post by webmind
On 2016-11-08 21:37, webmind wrote:

> On 11/08/16 21:04, JB Zurn wrote:
>> I did something like this a year ago. It is pretty easy to set up for
>> public calendars. Feel free to copy/expand on this.
>> http://www.makerflorida.org/calendars/ 
>>
>> I didn't organize events by type, but I did organize by region. The
>> regions are color-coded.
>>
> Thanks, to be clear, I'm less looking for software, more for what type
> of events people are having in their space. I know it's hard to not
> focus on the technical ;)
most calendars I've seen use tags instead of categories,
so maybe not the easy to grab inspiration you're looking for.

Still, two event-collectors of FOSS/Hackerspace Events, that I know:

http://grical.org/

https://spaceapi.ccc.de/

cheers,
Bernhard


>
> w.
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Discuss mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss


--
Remarkable Claims Require Remarkable Proof - Carl Sagan


_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [hackerspaces] events

David Potocnik
I maintain the most complete Europe-wide hacker event calendar:
http://totalism.org/calendar
If you see anything missing, including events going back to 2014,
please enter it (Etherpad-based) or mail me at [hidden email]. I
plan to keep maintaining it.

webmind regarding types, you're missing maybe camps, exhibitions,
hackathons/code sprints, cleanups. Depends on what you're trying to
build though - sometimes trying to build category/form-rich stuff
holds people from entering stuff in.


On 9 November 2016 at 00:29, Bernhard Tittelbach <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2016-11-08 21:37, webmind wrote:
>> On 11/08/16 21:04, JB Zurn wrote:
>>> I did something like this a year ago. It is pretty easy to set up for
>>> public calendars. Feel free to copy/expand on this.
>>> http://www.makerflorida.org/calendars/
>>>
>>> I didn't organize events by type, but I did organize by region. The
>>> regions are color-coded.
>>>
>> Thanks, to be clear, I'm less looking for software, more for what type
>> of events people are having in their space. I know it's hard to not
>> focus on the technical ;)
> most calendars I've seen use tags instead of categories,
> so maybe not the easy to grab inspiration you're looking for.
>
> Still, two event-collectors of FOSS/Hackerspace Events, that I know:
>
> http://grical.org/
>
> https://spaceapi.ccc.de/
>
> cheers,
> Bernhard
>
>
>>
>> w.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Discuss mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
>
>
> --
> Remarkable Claims Require Remarkable Proof - Carl Sagan
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Discuss mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
_______________________________________________
Discuss mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.hackerspaces.org/mailman/listinfo/discuss
Loading...