[hackerspaces] Washington DC Attendance

William Saturno
Some of the local hackerspaces are going to Washington DC for Makerspace Organizers Meeting - Nation of Makers - White House OSTP next week.

It would be nice to meet some other folks face to face at something informal the night before. I will be flying in Tuesday and would love an opportunity to say hello and hang out for a bit.

Bill Saturno
President, Co-Founder
CT Hackerspace
Connecticut USA

Re: [hackerspaces] Washington DC Attendance

Claudio Donndelinger-2
I'll be there as well, and have a Slack channel available if desired. PM me off list and I'll invite you. I'll be attending from Memphis, Tn, and know of 2-3 other people going from Tennessee, and 4 from Colorado.

Claudio Donndelinger
[Orias, #MidsouthMakers, Freenode]

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 7:00 PM, William Saturno <[hidden email]> wrote:
Some of the local hackerspaces are going to Washington DC for Makerspace Organizers Meeting - Nation of Makers - White House OSTP next week.

It would be nice to meet some other folks face to face at something informal the night before. I will be flying in Tuesday and would love an opportunity to say hello and hang out for a bit.

Bill Saturno
President, Co-Founder
CT Hackerspace
Connecticut USA

Re: [hackerspaces] Washington DC Attendance

Lew E. Lefton
At least 4 coming from Georgia.

Decatur Makers (http://decaturmakers.org/)
Clubhou.se (http://theclubhou.se/)
The Maker Station  (http://wiki.themakerstation.com/Main_Page)
Geekspace Gwinnett (http://www.geekspacegwinnett.org/)

I won't be there until late Tuesday but would be happy to get together
Wed. evening for a post mortem.

Lew Lefton, Executive Director
Decatur Makers
Decatur, GA

On 08/15/2016 08:05 PM, Claudio Donndelinger wrote:

> I'll be there as well, and have a Slack channel available if desired. PM me
> off list and I'll invite you. I'll be attending from Memphis, Tn, and know
> of 2-3 other people going from Tennessee, and 4 from Colorado.
>

> Claudio Donndelinger
> Midsouth Makers <http://midsouthmakers.org> (P)
> [Orias, #MidsouthMakers <http://www.midsouthmakers.org/webchat/>, Freenode]
>
> On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 7:00 PM, William Saturno <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Some of the local hackerspaces are going to Washington DC for Makerspace
>> Organizers Meeting - Nation of Makers - White House OSTP next week.
>>
>> It would be nice to meet some other folks face to face at something
>> informal the night before. I will be flying in Tuesday and would love an
>> opportunity to say hello and hang out for a bit.
>>
>> Bill Saturno
>> President, Co-Founder
>> CT Hackerspace
>> Connecticut USA

Re: [hackerspaces] Washington DC Attendance

Charlie Rysenga-2
Hey Claudio,

Would you please drop me an invite to your slack channel?

Thank you,

Charlie Rysenga
President of i3Detroit
1481A Wordsworth St.
Ferndale, Mi, 48220

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 8:05 PM, Claudio Donndelinger <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Dominic Canare
We (MakeICT) are sending our new board president, Logan.

Dominic Canare
Immediate Past President, MakeICT

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 7:34 PM, Charlie Rysenga <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tom Tongue
Hi everyone, I’m coming in on Tuesday as well from Troy NY (Tech Valley Center of Gravity - www.tvcog.net). I’m staying over in Rosslyn (a short metro ride away) and would also like to meet up. Also, please add to Slack? Thanks!

—Tom

On Aug 16, 2016, at 5:05 PM, William Saturno <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

=================================
Thomas Tongue
Executive Director, Tech Valley Center of Gravity

Re: [hackerspaces] Washington DC Attendance

William Saturno
JR from MakeHaven and I are proposing meeting up at The Brig Beergarden Tues Night around 7-8pm; it's on1007 8th St SE,Washington, DC 20003. b/t S L St & S Virginia Ave Navy Yard
Accessible on the Blue Orange Eastern Market Metro
Their Phone number (202) 675-1000
wear a tshirt from their hackerspace - It would be a fun way to find people in the bar and instantly know where they are from. A fun an ice breaker.

Bill Saturno
CT Hackerspace

(I will also repost in this in the slack channel)

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 6:36 PM, Tom Tongue <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jamie A. D. Szafran
I'll be at the meeting, representing FamiLAB (http://familab.org), along with two others from Florida hackerspaces/makerspaces that I know of:

Melbourne Makerspace (http://melbournemakerspace.org/)

Coming in Tuesday morning, leaving Thursday night. We have a Facebook group with about 20 of us we know are going.

-Jamie Szafran
Treasurer, FamiLAB

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Tom Tongue <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don’t have an alternate suggestion, just curious how you pulled this one out of the hat. It’s about 0.5 miles (as google flies) from the nearest metro in humid DC. If this is the spot, I’ll be there with COG colors :)

—Tom
On Aug 17, 2016, at 12:18 PM, William Saturno <[hidden email]> wrote:

JR from MakeHaven and I are proposing meeting up at The Brig Beergarden Tues Night around 7-8pm; it's on1007 8th St SE,Washington, DC 20003. b/t S L St & S Virginia Ave Navy Yard
Accessible on the Blue Orange Eastern Market Metro
Their Phone number <a href="tel:%28202%29%20675-1000" value="+12026751000" target="_blank">(202) 675-1000
[...]

Chad Elish
I’ll be there representing HackPGH. I’ll be getting in on Tuesday and leaving Thursday.

-chad
President | HackPGH
Pittsburgh’s First Makerspace

On Aug 17, 2016, at 3:35 PM, William Saturno <[hidden email]> wrote:

Recommendation from local

On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 3:24 PM, Tom Tongue <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don’t have an alternate suggestion, just curious how you pulled this one out of the hat. It’s about 0.5 miles (as google flies) from the nearest metro in humid DC. If this is the spot, I’ll be there with COG colors :)

—Tom

On Aug 17, 2016, at 12:18 PM, William Saturno <[hidden email]> wrote:

JR from MakeHaven and I are proposing meeting up at The Brig Beergarden Tues Night around 7-8pm; it's on1007 8th St SE,Washington, DC 20003. b/t S L St & S Virginia Ave Navy Yard
Accessible on the Blue Orange Eastern Market Metro
Their Phone number <a href="tel:%28202%29%20675-1000" value="+12026751000" target="_blank" class="">(202) 675-1000
[...]

johnrichardlogan@gmail.com

Hey all.

Im with Bill right now. I assume not all of you saw there is a competing meetup dinner/drinks gathering that was promoted via facebook.

It is to meet tonight at City Tap House, 901 9th Street, Washington, DC 20001
At 6:30.

They have us 50 rsvps and it would be a shame to divide our group tonight. So Bill and I are suggesting we join them.

Sound good.