[hackerspaces] RFC: ROBÖXOTICA Starterkit

[hackerspaces] RFC: ROBÖXOTICA Starterkit

overflo
hi there!

you know roböxotica [0] right?
the worlds leading cocktail robotics festival that happens every year in
vienna/austria.
it's GREAT.
if you have the time, come by it is happening RIGHT NOW [1] till sunday.

--

yesterday we had an outstandig night there and the idea for an open
source cocktail robot platform was born.

the idea is that you have a cheap starterkit with an arduino compatible
microcontroller board, some peristaltic pumps, various inputs and
outputs, a relay board and whatever else can be included on the cheap.
think: leds, buttons, buzzer..

my ideas for the board so far are:
- it should have multiple digital input pins
- it should have some analog inputs
- a WS2812 header for the blinkies
- a switch/jumper to ENABLE the board (think of coin operated device)
- a switch to trigger the actual cocktail making routine
- i2C and SPI on dedicated headers
- a functioning arduino library for the board with examples for each
function

what do you think should be included?
what functionality is needed in many designs and cheap enough for a <30
USD starterkit ?

thanks for your ideas!

:*
-flo

[0] http://www.roboexotica.org/
[1] http://www.roboexotica.org/?schedule

Re: [hackerspaces] RFC: ROBÖXOTICA Starterkit

Andreas Schreiner
Hi flo!

Awesome Idea!

I have enough Ideas for 2 Cocktail Robots at least and was just always
missing enough time. That could be just what people like me need to
exhibit at the Roböxotica.

The board sounds great. For the rest of the kit I'd like to see things
that are not as easy to get like some of the pumps etc.

$30 as a price target ist pretty limited in my opinion. I'd be prepared
to pay a bit more if the kit includes more neat stuff. But let's see
what others think!

bye
AndiS

> you know roböxotica [0] right?
> the worlds leading cocktail robotics festival that happens every year in
> vienna/austria.
> it's GREAT.
> if you have the time, come by it is happening RIGHT NOW [1] till sunday.
>

> --
>
> yesterday we had an outstandig night there and the idea for an open
> source cocktail robot platform was born.
> something that i can give to a noob and that basically just works, but
> is 100% hackable and well documented
>
> the idea is that you have a cheap starterkit with an arduino compatible
> microcontroller board, some peristaltic pumps, various inputs and
> outputs, a relay board and whatever else can be included on the cheap.
> think: leds, buttons, buzzer..
>
> my ideas for the board so far are:
> - it should have multiple digital input pins
> - it should have some analog inputs
> - a WS2812 header for the blinkies
> - a switch/jumper to ENABLE the board (think of coin operated device)
> - a switch to trigger the actual cocktail making routine
> - i2C and SPI on dedicated headers
> - a functioning arduino library for the board with examples for each
> function
>

> what do you think should be included?
> what functionality is needed in many designs and cheap enough for a <30
> USD starterkit ?
>
> thanks for your ideas!
>
> :*
> -flo
>
> [0] http://www.roboexotica.org/
> [1] http://www.roboexotica.org/?schedule

Re: [hackerspaces] RFC: ROBÖXOTICA Starterkit

j. grenzfurthner/monochrom (das ende der nahrungskette)
As the organizer of Roboexotica, I highly approve of this message!

Cheers!