[hackerspaces] Invitation (was Fwd: Re: Black Highlighter + Important PS)

[hackerspaces] Invitation (was Fwd: Re: Black Highlighter + Important PS)

Cecilia Tanaka
Hi Hi, dear all !  Hope everybody is doing great and feeling fabulous, woohoo!!!  :D

There are lots of still unknown great projects and ideas in this world, my dear hackers.  So I inviting you all to share your projects on the Liberation Tech discussion list.  :)

For 9 years, until the end of last March, Liberation Tech was a project of Stanford University.  Now we are restructuring it to make it independent.  Wait for good news, people!  ;)

It will be great to see interaction among good people with the same interests:  building a better future for all, a fairer and more peaceful world, protecting the human rights against the oppression of governments and companies.  <3

Take care and have a great day, with much music and love, dear all !  <3

@cecitanaka & the lovely Liberation Tech Team  <3

Re: [hackerspaces] Invitation (was Fwd: Re: Black Highlighter + Important PS)

idnc_sk

I would definitely dial that enthusiasm down a little. Anyone who cared to check
knows how important of a role Stanford plays as an arm of the military industrial
complex. Regardless of how many "transformations" LTT (claims to have) underwent,
we are not living in some fairyland! Love and music are both great, I do enjoy
SF "yt" lectures, nevertheless there is no room for naivety, no time to waste
on projects / initiatives steered to lead  nowhere. Without going into details,
pleas please please don't be this naive, you are actually harming people. Let me put
it clearly, people might *die* because of such naivety. How many activists/reporters/
whistle-blowers died because of people like you? How many hundreds if not thousands
fell victim to wikileaks and all the "good" people knowingly or unknowingly propagating
their carefully constructed image? Do you _know_ who the people in that org are?

No, you don't

Please, don't harm people

<3 <3 <3

idnc_sk

On Jul 11, 2017 12:30 PM, "idnc_sk" <[hidden email]> wrote:

How many activists/reporters/
whistle-blowers died because of people like you?

Oh, I am crying unicorn tears, snif snif!  :'(

People like me want to protect activists, journalists, whistleblowers, and also common tech users, people without any technical knowledge.

I am just a poor lawyer  (I am honest, so I am really a very poor lawyer, haha!)  trying to make something good, instead of only complaining about how the world stinks and the people are evil and selfish.  :P

OK, life sucks a lot, but in some moments, it sucks very well and you will have orgasms and good ideas and projects to share with the world!  :D

Being sincere, I am not a good maker and I am even worse as hacker.  Sorry, I am a horrible coder...  :P

An example:  - A few days ago, a friend of mine sent me an archive named "Mastering Julia" and I thought "Oh, shit, BDSM p0rn!".  Shame on me, I didn't know Julia was a cute programming language.  :P  :P  :P

Well, I think you understood my point of view.  You do _not_ need to give support to _all_ the projects and institutions, only to the ones you like, you learn to love.  You can make constructive critics and show fails.  Criticizing is very important too.  But remember:  keep calm and be excellent to each other, hahaha!!  ;D

Kisses and chocolate!  <3

Ceci, la la la...  <3

Re: [hackerspaces] Invitation (was Fwd: Re: Black Highlighter + Important PS)

idnc_sk

:)

I'd like to point that it was the US military who actively removed almost every single
democratically elected leader in south america, africa and partly in asia whenever their
pro-people "ideology" interfered with corporate interests. Not "US" interests, not with
the interests of "US" citizens, with corporate interests.

[Harold Pinter on US foreign policy]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flvLfSSR1d4

On 07/11/2017 06:09 PM, Matt Joyce wrote:
[...]

I think you should stay out of south american politics.  And I'm not intending to invoke monroe doctrine.  I used to live there, and I stay out of it.  It's not my place to involve myself in the complexities there.  I can reasonably say this though... there were no good guys in any of the situations you are referring to.

You want to cast some huge swathe of horribleness on US external influence... fine... we've gone done stuck our proverbial dick in the mashed potatoes plenty of times.  But your country would still be a soviet satellite state without us, and as far as international active involvement goes historically... the US has been the nicest super power to ever exist in global history.  So sure, we've fucked up.  And continue to.  But so far we're doing better than anyone else yet.  Feel free to hop in and do better.  Or feel free to sit on the sidelines.  We are international and national fuckups.  America was founded by fuckups, for fuckups.  We're proud of our fuckup heritage.  We're the bastard children of every other country.  But that said... we are doing better than others.  You want to lead... lead.  You don't want to.. then follow or get out of the way.

I am down with people calling out the US for it's mistakes.  It's a fundamental tenant of a free society.  Enshrined in the magna carta.  But, if you want to just say shit could be better... well that's not constructive.  Go make it better.  Cecilia is trying to make shit better.  You are just shitting all over that.  You've provided no better alternative.  That's not constructive.  It's just flame bait man.

You have some solid concerns... but I don't see you following them up with a solution.  And frankly... at some level, all activism requires an above board legal frameworked interaction with the world... otherwise they end up like the palestinian liberation movement, trapped by their own extremists incapable of any meaningful traction, forever the victim of a nation with a better political and public outreach.

Sure sometimes they need their own backchannels and clandestine components.  But they need the above board shit just as badly.

Change is dangerous.  Always has been.  Always will be.  But our little nation of fuckups have proven that fucking up is definitely better than hoping shit gets better and not fucking up.

-Matt

fuckups for the win.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 12:16 PM, idnc_sk <[hidden email]> wrote:

:)

[...]

On Jul 11, 2017 1:49 PM, "Matt Joyce" <[hidden email]> wrote:

fuckups for the win.

Fuckups for the win, yay!!  Let's change the world and make this shit much better!  :D

PS:  -  Eventual offenses and/or personal questions about my mental sanity, ethics or intelligence must be sent directly to <cecilia dot tanaka at gmail dot com>,  not to this list or LibTech list, please.  Thanks a lot!  <3

Re: [hackerspaces] Invitation (was Fwd: Re: Black Highlighter + Important PS)

Matt Joyce
None of that was constructive in any way man.

On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 4:21 PM, idnc_sk <[hidden email]> wrote:

Well,

history is a difficult subject on it's own, I'd rather not make it
a few orders of magnitude more difficult by letting ourselves drift
into parallel universes / would-be timelines. I'm also not qualified
to go in-depth in such a discussion, so lets keep it as high level as
possible.

First, let me point out how far we are getting from my original remark
to Cecilia, nevertheless, I'm actually looking forward to write this
reply.

Before I'll do that in-line,

3 of the most profitable lies of our age are organized religion, our
history, and as of today, the most successful enslavement regime ever
in existence disquised under the term "democracy".

The real turning-points / milestones in our history are never taught
in schools*

Now, with that out of the way ..

#1 Be stationed in a country != living in a country

#2 @"there were no good guys"
Keeping my proverbial distance from that machiavellianistic swamp
called realpolitik, there are no hollywood-like good guys(well, there
are** but they don't stick around for long so to speak). Everything
boils down to interests***, and(for the point I'll try to make) how much
breadcrumbs people at the bottom get while that interest is being
attained. Pointing out how BRUTAL the US has been in maintaining its
interests would unavoidably lead to the soviet paper tiger, which would
probably evolve into a disc. about it's todays replacement - china.
All of which are complicated matters on their own but don't worry, I'll
wrap it up somehow ;)
You want to cast some huge swathe of horribleness on US external influence... fine... we've gone done stuck our proverbial dick in the mashed potatoes plenty of times.
-
But your country would still be a soviet satellite state without us,
#3 Well, by this logic, if you'd staid out of WW1, we'd probably be
united states of austria-hungary and had a more even, decentralized
world. Probably the single reason why that old militaristic wreck of
a monarch
Franc Jozef got manipulated into letting Franc Ferdinand get
killed
was that FF was a huge admirer of USA. FF wanted to use *your*
model
to solve hungarys decades-long nationalistic struggles(in which our
nation played a small part in too) - instead of brute force. The _central_
role of UK in facilitating both world wars is
something you never read about
(well, Tragedy & Hope is one of the
books where you can get a feel, but it
was made unreadable for most).
We could get even further - healthcare,
social welfare and industrialization of africa - all hampered by the US(not
only, looking at you Belgium, France), but it's more important to get
the
account of our real history corrected before making statements like yours
above.
#4 OK, the fact that you cared enough to remember this particular intellectual
crutch/piece of propaganda, albeit being a very shallow one, gives at least
some hope that I'm not replying to a militant psychopath. Power was never
this centralized, thats the single biggest problem of our world today. UK and
later
the US played a major role in it(you were the "muscle" doing the dirty work),
so did ur globalised financial system. Everything you might have seen in your
movies is a lie, you have been tricked. You are being tricked, never ever
join the army.
So sure, we've fucked up.  And continue to.  But so far we're doing better than anyone else yet.
#5 Did a roadtrip across the states couple of years ago, are you _sure_ this is
still true? Your country was hijacked, you are being steered into the abyss,
a new replacement is almost ready.
#6 There is so much historical details missing that would change your viewpoint(s), that
it does
not even make sense to start addressing this point
#7 No, she might be thinking that she does
#8 This is a slippery slope, a land mine, some of your presumptions are incorrect
but I won't go there, sry.

#9 Whatever you might be thinking of me or my opinions, we are sitting in the same
boat, except with different propaganda bubbles build around us.

Had to truncate the email because of

"Message body is too big: 56391 bytes with a limit of 40 KB"

[...]

One think I forgot to copy-paste

You are just shitting all over that.  You've provided no better alternative.  That's not constructive.  It's just flame bait man.
I can't, If I could, I would not be here. Its saddens me, but I can't really
offer a solution. I can only pinpoint a few basic tricks the power is using,
some of the mistakes people are doing. Other than that, I'm stuck! and
frustrated that people who actually could make a difference are getting manipulated
by individuals like Cecilia.

#5 Did a roadtrip across the states couple of years ago, are you _sure_ this is
#6 There is so much historical details missing that would change your viewpoint(s), that
it does
#7 No, she might be thinking that she does
#8 This is a slippery slope, a land mine, some of your presumptions are incorrect
but I won't go there, sry.
Sure sometimes they need their own backchannels and clandestine components.  But they need the above board shit just as badly.

Change is dangerous.  Always has been.  Always will be.  But our little nation of fuckups have proven that fucking up is definitely better than hoping shit gets better and not fucking up.

Re: [hackerspaces] Invitation (was Fwd: Re: Black Highlighter + Important PS)

Matt Joyce
The world is big.  Lots of people pulling a lot of directions.  You jump in and it's like swimming in the ocean.  Strong currents will divert you.  But you don't get anywhere without hopping in.  So seeing some of the currents ( all any of us are equipped to see ) shouldn't dissuade folks from wading in.

You have a view of this big ocean of politics and other constraints.  Try swimming in it.  See what happens to your view.

-Matt

#5 Did a roadtrip across the states couple of years ago, are you _sure_ this is
#6 There is so much historical details missing that would change your viewpoint(s), that
it does
#7 No, she might be thinking that she does
#8 This is a slippery slope, a land mine, some of your presumptions are incorrect
but I won't go there, sry.
Sure sometimes they need their own backchannels and clandestine components.  But they need the above board shit just as badly.

Change is dangerous.  Always has been.  Always will be.  But our little nation of fuckups have proven that fucking up is definitely better than hoping shit gets better and not fucking up.

Re: [hackerspaces] Invitation (was Fwd: Re: Black Highlighter + Important PS)

Eleftherios Kosmas

On Jul 11, 2017 4:38 PM, "Cecilia Tanaka" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Hi, dear all !  Hope everybody is doing great and feeling fabulous, woohoo!!!  :D

There are lots of still unknown great projects and ideas in this world, my dear hackers.  So I inviting you all to share your projects on the Liberation Tech discussion list.  :)

For 9 years, until the end of last March, Liberation Tech was a project of Stanford University.  Now we are restructuring it to make it independent.  Wait for good news, people!  ;)

It will be great to see interaction among good people with the same interests:  building a better future for all, a fairer and more peaceful world, protecting the human rights against the oppression of governments and companies.  <3

Take care and have a great day, with much music and love, dear all !  <3

@cecitanaka & the lovely Liberation Tech Team  <3

Would it be useful to define what kind of projects would be of interest for the liberation tech discussion list?

Many people participating in this list are doing awesome stuff, libre hardware & software but I'm not sure if all would be of interest to this group or lib-tech discuss.

On Jul 11, 2017 6:03 PM, "Eleftherios Kosmas" <[hidden email]> wrote:

Would it be useful to define what kind of projects would be of interest for the liberation tech discussion list?

Many people participating in this list are doing awesome stuff, libre hardware & software but I'm not sure if all would be of interest to this group or lib-tech discuss.

My dear, sorry, I will give you a better answer a bit later, because I still need to define some directives with the LibTech team.

Personally, I love ALL projects about tech and people  (and I love fun LEDs, wheee!!),  but I think the group prefers to focus on technology, politics and society, in special giving more visibility to projects about surveillance, privacy, transparency and freedom of expression and press against wrong and/or vile acts of governments and companies.  Obviously, these subjects are only a little example of all the interesting possibilities.  :)))

Please, feel completely free to ask what you want or contact me in private.  Certainly, I am saying it to the whole list, not only to Eleftherios.  All of you can contact me.  I can answer with some retard, but earlier or later, I will answer.  ;)

Thank you very much for your interest, Eleftherios.  Being sincere, I would * S2 LOVE S2 * with my whole heart if all the hackerspaces try to share here new interesting projects.  There are very great hackers in the whole world and it's amazing, really awesome!!!  :D

Kisses, kisses, kisses...  <3

Cecilia, dreaming about giant robots...  Japanese blood, I can't resist to mechas...  :P