[hackerspaces] Introducing a new mobile makerspace project

[hackerspaces] Introducing a new mobile makerspace project

Tarek Ahmed
Hi everyone,

I wanted to write and introduce everyone to Maker Express, a new project the Cairo Hackerspace is launching.

Over the past year, the Cairo Hackerspace has been working on turning a small microbus into a modest mobile makerspace. We've finally finished outfitting the bus with electronics and maker tools (adult and kid friendly!), and a small library. Now, we're heading on a road trip for 2 months, visiting schools/universities, cultural organizations, and makerspaces across Egypt. We've programmed some entrepreneurship/coworking and IoT workshops as well, in the hopes that we can bring some of these fledgling spaces into the larger maker culture in Egypt.

We'd love if you can support us by liking our FB page: https://www.facebook.com/Makerexpress/?fref=ts and our event: https://www.facebook.com/events/340122279672040/

You can also visit our website here: makerexpress.org

If it's a success in Egypt, we'd love to bring the project to other countries or collaborate with spaces who are also launching mobile programs.

Thanks!

Tarek
--
Tarek Omar
Director | Cairo Makerspace

Re: [hackerspaces] Introducing a new mobile makerspace project

Moritz
Hi Tarek!

We talked about this project a while back, and I'm very happy to hear
that it is moving forward! Sounds like a fun and important effort,
thanks for doing it, and enjoy!! Totally cool.

Let us know when you found a way for people to donate towards it :-)

Moritz