[hackerspaces] Crisis points

Shirley Hicks
Hey everyone,

Could I talk to leadership from makerspaces that have successfully negotiated a a crisis off-list?
Have some questions to ask regarding when to decide to push forward versus other options.

Thanks!

Shirley Hicks
Red Mountain Makers
Birmingham, AL

Re: [hackerspaces] Crisis points

Chad Elish
I may be able to help, but first of… Explain crisis off-list.

> On Aug 26, 2016, at 1:54 PM, Shirley Hicks <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey everyone,
>
> Could I talk to leadership from makerspaces that have successfully negotiated a a crisis off-list?
> Have some questions to ask regarding when to decide to push forward versus other options.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Shirley Hicks
> Red Mountain Makers
> Birmingham, AL

Re: [hackerspaces] Crisis points

Edward L Platt-3
I recommend contacting a reality TV producer immediately. Not really. Do the opposite of that, whatever the opposite of that is. -Ed

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Chad Elish <[hidden email]> wrote:
I may be able to help, but first of… Explain crisis off-list.

> On Aug 26, 2016, at 1:54 PM, Shirley Hicks <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey everyone,
>
> Could I talk to leadership from makerspaces that have successfully negotiated a a crisis off-list?
> Have some questions to ask regarding when to decide to push forward versus other options.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Shirley Hicks
> Red Mountain Makers
> Birmingham, AL

Edward L. Platt
PhD student, University of Michigan School of Information
KC1DYK

Tips for stopping email overload: https://hbr.org/2012/02/stop-email-overload-1

This digital electronic mail message was sent from my general-purpose desktop personal computing machine.  Please forgive any overly-verbose, long-winded, rambling prose.

Re: [hackerspaces] Crisis points

Matt Joyce
Ed... I laughed out loud.  And I mean that in the literal.  Thanks.

-Matt

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 2:29 PM, Edward L Platt <[hidden email]> wrote:
I recommend contacting a reality TV producer immediately. Not really. Do the opposite of that, whatever the opposite of that is. -Ed

On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 2:25 PM, Chad Elish <[hidden email]> wrote:
I may be able to help, but first of… Explain crisis off-list.

> On Aug 26, 2016, at 1:54 PM, Shirley Hicks <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey everyone,
>
> Could I talk to leadership from makerspaces that have successfully negotiated a a crisis off-list?
> Have some questions to ask regarding when to decide to push forward versus other options.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Shirley Hicks
> Red Mountain Makers
> Birmingham, AL

Edward L. Platt
PhD student, University of Michigan School of Information
KC1DYK

Tips for stopping email overload: https://hbr.org/2012/02/stop-email-overload-1

This digital electronic mail message was sent from my general-purpose desktop personal computing machine.  Please forgive any overly-verbose, long-winded, rambling prose.

Re: [hackerspaces] Crisis points

\0xDynamite
Settled simply by a game of chess.

Of course, after awhile the only ones who rule the space are
chessmasters, but you could do worse.

Mark