[hackerspaces] BruCon 2010 - Sept 24th - 25th

[hackerspaces] BruCon 2010 - Sept 24th - 25th

Martin Mitchell
So, I'm going to BruCon 2010. I've created a spreadsheet to monitor my
costs so it must be true!

Is anyone one from other hackerspaces going? I'll be arriving Thursday
evening and I'm staying till Sunday evening. Would anyone like to meet
up during the conf? I haven't sorted out accommodation yet, I'll be
doing that in the next day or three.

Jester

TOG
Dublin, Ireland

Re: [hackerspaces] BruCon 2010 - Sept 24th - 25th

Bacon Zombie
Hey,

I'm heading to Brucon as well and thinking of head to SOURCE Barcelona as well { 50% off if you going both}.

BruCON - The Barcelona connection

Another security conference is taking place in the same week as BruCON in Barcelona, Spain but luckily not on the same days. This created a great opportunity to visit both conferences.

Although we are not officially affiliated, SOURCE Barcelona has offered BruCON attendees a 50% discount to visit their conference. Simply use the code "SOURCEBru10" at registration - (www.sourceconference.com). With flights starting at 109 euro between BRU and MAD, this could be a tempting offer.

Tapas in Barcelona, beers in Brussels? You decide.

http://blog.brucon.org/2010/06/brucon-barcelona-connection.html

BaconZombie

On 19 July 2010 13:40, Martin Mitchell <jester.ie@gmail.com> wrote:
So, I'm going to BruCon 2010. I've created a spreadsheet to monitor my
costs so it must be true!

Is anyone one from other hackerspaces going? I'll be arriving Thursday
evening and I'm staying till Sunday evening. Would anyone like to meet
up during the conf? I haven't sorted out accommodation yet, I'll be
doing that in the next day or three.

Jester

TOG
Dublin, Ireland

Re: [hackerspaces] BruCon 2010 - Sept 24th - 25th

Bkay
Since Brucon got mentioned.... this might be interesting to know.....

There will be a hardware hacking area with Mitch Altman joined by hardhack.org.... access is free on Fridaynight.... if any hackerspace members are coming and want a table tor their space to work on stuff or show something, contact the crew at crew@brucon.org and a private table can be arranged. This is in a huge room and everyone can present a workshop and presentation adhoc if he feels like.... come and join us for a few beers. There will also be an arcade corner with arcade workshops etc....

Just FYI.....

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Bacon Zombie <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Koen Martens
Hi,

I offered help with the hardware area, perhaps bring some soldering irons or whatever,
but since i never heard back I assume that will not be necessary?

I'd like a revspace table if possible, maybe joined with randomdata, to hack on some
projects (PIC stuff mainly, perhaps a makerbot if there aren't already a ton of them).

Gr,

Koen

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 11:37:43PM +0200, Bkay wrote:

> Since Brucon got mentioned.... this might be interesting to know.....
>
> There will be a hardware hacking area with Mitch Altman joined by
> hardhack.org.... access is free on Fridaynight.... if any hackerspace
> members are coming and want a table tor their space to work on stuff or show
> something, contact the crew at [hidden email] and a private table can be
> arranged. This is in a huge room and everyone can present a workshop and
> presentation adhoc if he feels like.... come and join us for a few beers.
> There will also be an arcade corner with arcade workshops etc....
>
> Just FYI.....
>
> On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 3:12 PM, Bacon Zombie <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I'm heading to Brucon as well and thinking of head to SOURCE Barcelona as
> > well { 50% off if you going both}.
> >

> > BruCON - The Barcelona connection
> >  Another security conference is taking place in the same week as BruCON in
> > Barcelona, Spain but luckily not on the same days. This created a great
> > opportunity to visit both conferences.
> >
> > Although we are not officially affiliated, SOURCE Barcelona has offered
> > BruCON attendees a 50% discount to visit their conference. Simply use the
> > code "SOURCEBru10" at registration - (www.sourceconference.com). With
> > flights starting at 109 euro between BRU and MAD, this could be a tempting
> > offer.
> >
> > Tapas in Barcelona, beers in Brussels? You decide.
> >
> > *http://blog.brucon.org/2010/06/brucon-barcelona-connection.html*<http://blog.brucon.org/2010/06/brucon-barcelona-connection.html>
> >

> > BaconZombie
> >

> > On 19 July 2010 13:40, Martin Mitchell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> So, I'm going to BruCon 2010. I've created a spreadsheet to monitor my
> >> costs so it must be true!
> >>
> >> Is anyone one from other hackerspaces going? I'll be arriving Thursday
> >> evening and I'm staying till Sunday evening. Would anyone like to meet
> >> up during the conf? I haven't sorted out accommodation yet, I'll be
> >> doing that in the next day or three.
> >>
> >> Jester
> >>
> >> TOG
> >> Dublin, Ireland

Re: [hackerspaces] BruCon 2010 - Sept 24th - 25th

Bkay

Yes, to help Mitch with the hardwarehacking lab but now we are joined by the crew of hardhack.org. But I don't have specific info from them. They have yet to launch their call for workshops. But then again, Defcon is just over and people are still recuperating.

So let's see in the coming weeks and we'll have one table for revspace ready. I'll add one for Randomdata as I'm sure that they will be there as well from good sources.

I'm still waiting to see their barduino prototype *cough* *cough* cocktails *cough* *cough* ;-)